Benefits of hot chocolate have a lot. Hot chocolate is good for your heart: the milk in hot cocoa can help protect against strokes, according to a UK study, and chocolate is richer in heart-healthy antioxidants than green tea. Together: the perfect concoction. The flavonoids in hot chocolate help prevent platelets in your blood from mingling together and forming clots. The flavonoids help your body process nitric oxide, which is why hot cocoa can improve blood flow, help lower your blood pressure and improve heart health. Opt for healthy hot chocolate and be sure to drink it in moderation. Remember, chocolate itself contains sugar and saturated fat so you can’t allow yourself to drink more than 2 cups a day.
Benefits of Hot Chocolate
Hot chocolate or drinking chocolate is a heated beverage consisting of chocolate or cocoa powder, hot milk or water, and some sugar. It is a very tasty, low-calorie drink. It may sound too good to be true, but there are in fact some health benefits associated with drinking hot chocolate.
- Helps fight stress, anxiety, and depression
- Contains cancer-fighting antioxidants
- The fats in pure cocoa moderate the blood absorption rate of sugar
- Has anti-clotting and blood-thinning capabilities that can reduce your risk of having a stroke
- Increases blood flow throughout the body and increases oxygen to the brain
- Contains stimulants and eating chocolate at night can potentially keep you awake
- Promotes weight loss by preventing the intake of other high-calorie foods like pastries, doughnuts, and other sugary foods
- Increases skin hydration and improves complexion
Thus, opt for a healthy cup of hot chocolate every day. But, be sure to drink it in moderation as chocolate itself contains sugar and saturated fat.
Disadvantages of Hot Chocolate
These extra calories can cause weight gain, increasing your risk of heart disease. If it’s made with full-fat milk and topped with whipped cream, this will add more calories, and it will be high in saturated fat, which could affect your cholesterol levels.