Celery is a herbaceous vegetable, which is known for its culinary and medicinal benefits. The scientific name of the sealant is “Epiumgraolens”. Leaves, stalks, and even seeds of organic celery are considered edible. The leaves are usually light in taste but the stalks are slightly acidic but become sweet with blanking.
How to use celery?
If you are wondering how to eat celery, here are some ways to include this amazing vegetable in your diet:
- Add Celery to Your Soups
- Chopped raw celery Can Enhance the taste of your dips
- Celery salt is great for seasoning your fries and snacks
- Steamed Celery makes for a nutritious snack
- Include Celery leaves in your salads
- Use Celery leaves for beautifying your dish
Celery Nutrition Information
The nutritional value of celery per 1 cup (110 g) is as follows:
- Total calories: 17.6 grams
- Total carbohydrates: 3.8 g
- Total Fat: 0.2 g (0%)
- Protein: 0.8 g
- Dietary fiber: 1.8 g
- Vitamin A: 10%
- Vitamin C: 6%
- Vitamin E: 1%
- Vitamin K: 40%
- Folate: 10%
- Calcium: 44 mg
- Potassium: 286 mg
- Sodium: 88 mg
Celery Benefits for Skin
Exfoliates the skin
Celery can give you is that it can take care of your skin and remove dead cells. It will restore the pH balance of your skin and make it look young, beautiful, and radiant. For this purpose, you can prepare celery packs at home.
How to use:
- Just take some celery juice, oatmeal, and orange peel powder.
- Apply this cool mixture to your neck and face and wait until it dries.
- Massage in cold water and wash it off.
Clear acne and pimples
Regular application of celery juice or celery pack on your face can really help in reducing acne, pimples, and breakouts. These will remove dirt from the surface of your skin and make it perfectly clean.
How to use:
- All you have to do is prepare a mixture of tea tree oil and celery juice.
- Squeeze it with some cotton and apply it to the affected areas.
- After an hour, rinse with cold water.
- You will definitely see great results in a week or so.
Reduces the signs of aging
Celery is an important source of vitamins A, C, and E and it is always needed to improve your skin from aging. Early signs of aging are primary lines, wrinkles, scarring, and dullness. The best solution for aging is none other than celery. It is natural and beneficial for all skin. It is rich in omega-zero fatty acids, which help maintain skin elasticity and make it radiant and youthful.
How to use:
- All you have to do is eat plenty of celery every day or just drink its juice.
Removes oils and grime from the skin
Celery can also be used to remove excess oil from your face which leads to acne and pimples.
How to use:
- You can take three celery sticks and wash them properly. Now cut them into pieces and add some boiling water.
- Let it cool. You can also keep it in the fridge.
- Regular facial juice can be applied to tone the surface and at the same time improve the texture of the skin.
- Be sure to wash your face with some cold water. You don’t want any residue on the back.
Is celery good for your face?
“Celery is 95 percent water,” says celebrity nutritionist Kimberly Snyder. “When it comes to skin, hydration is key.” Plus, with high natural sodium content, celery juice raises stomach acid, which helps break down food—improving gut health and, in turn, lowering stress levels and brightening skin.
What does celery juice do for the skin?
Celery juice comprises mostly water and may help hydrate your skin. Drinking enough fluids throughout the day helps maintain hydration levels to keep your skin cells well maintained. When you're dehydrated, your skin may start to look dull, which enhances fine lines and wrinkles.