Lychee benefits for skin have a lot. The vitamins and antioxidants present in litchi can help prevent your skin from damage caused by radicals. It is your secret to youthful and flawless skin. Vitamin C present in Litchi helps in reducing hyperpigmentation, acne, fine lines, and wrinkles. Here we are going to discuss the benefits of lychee for the skin.
Lychee Benefits for Skin
Protects Skin from Sun Rays
Sunlight exposes your skin to UV radiation which can lead to darkening of your skin, premature aging, and even skin cancer in the long run. Antioxidant-rich lychee extract can protect your skin from the detrimental effects of UV radiation from the sun. Prolonged exposure to direct sunlight can lead to sunburns, which result in redness, irritation, and even pain in severe cases. Lychee juices and lychee vinegar can be used to treat sunburned skin. These lychee products help in reducing redness and soothing irritated skin.
Gives an Even-Toned Skin
The phytochemicals present in lychee extract can significantly reduce hyperpigmentation, which often manifests as dark spots or patches on your skin. The polyphenols present in the lychee fruit extract inhibit the excess synthesis of melanin, the pigment naturally present in your skin, which causes skin darkening. The vitamin C present in lychee also helps to clear your skin of age- spots and other blemishes. Regular use of products containing lychee extract can thus give you a clear and even-toned complexion.
Slows Down Aging of Skin
Lychee can help to slow down the signs of skin aging in several ways. Lychee seed extract inhibits enzymes like collagenase, elastase, and hyaluronidase. Excess activity of these enzymes adversely affects your skin, leading to fine lines, wrinkles, and loss of firmness of your skin. Oligonol present in lychee fights the external agents of skin damage such as UV rays or pollutants. It also boosts circulation and promotes the synthesis of new skin cells, thus helping you get a healthy, youthful appearance.
Lychee extract has a high content of polyphenols which aid in reducing inflammation. It also reduces irritation and itchiness often associated with inflammation. Inflammation of the skin can be associated with rashes, inflammatory skin diseases, or even common acne. Inflammation is a part of your body’s defense mechanism but excessive inflammation can cause considerable discomfort.
Protection from Free Radicals
Lychee has a high content of the antioxidant Vitamin C, Vitamin B-complex, and phytonutrient flavonoids. These antioxidants protect the body from oxidative stress caused by pollution and UV radiation. Free radicals are created from oxygen molecules and they alter the function of our cells to form cancer cells. Antioxidants neutralize these free radicals, thus protecting your skin cells from damage. In this way, lychee can protect against skin cancer and inflammation.
How to Use Lychee for Skin Care?
To Treat Sunburns
- Use the white pulp of 3 to 4 ripe lychees to extract the juice.
- Add the contents of one vitamin E capsule to this juice and mix well.
- Apply on the affected areas with a cotton ball.
- Let it sit for half an hour, then rinse off with cold water.
- Keep on using this once every day till the sunburns are healed completely.
For Even-Toned Healthy Skin
- Extract the juice from the pulp of 4 to 5 lychees and add a few drops of lavender oil to this mixture.
- Use cotton balls to apply this mixture all over your face, neck, or any other area affected by hyperpigmentation.
- Leave it on for around 20 minutes.
- Finally use a clean cotton towel dipped in cold water to wipe off your face.
For Anti-Aging Benefits
- In a blender add the pulp of 4 to 5 lychees along with a quarter of a ripe banana. Mix well until a smooth paste is formed.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck with gentle, circular motions.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes. Finally, rinse off with cold water.
To get Rid of Acne
- You can either use fresh juice of lychee or make a pack with lychee pulp and some yogurt.
- Apply this over the acne-prone region and allow it to dry a little.
- Wash off with water.