Raw peanuts benefits have a lot. Raw peanuts to be contaminated with a mold called Aspergillus flavus that produces a potential carcinogen called aflatoxin. Raw peanuts are an especially good source of healthful fats, protein, and fiber. They also contain plenty of potassium, phosphorous, magnesium, and B vitamins. Despite being high in calories, peanuts are nutrient-rich and low in carbohydrates. Here we discussing the benefits of raw peanuts.
One Cup of Raw Peanuts Nutrition
- Fat 72 grams
- Protein 37 grams
- Carbohydrates 24 grams
- Fiber 12 grams
- Saturated fat 10 grams
- Calories 828
- Sugar: 1 gram
Raw Peanuts Benefits
Fat constitutes 78 percent of the calories in raw peanuts, but only 19 percent of that fat comes from saturated fat, while the other 81 percent comes from monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats.
Saturated fat raises cholesterol levels and contributes to Type 2 diabetes and coronary artery disease, but unsaturated fats work in reverse, actually lowering cholesterol and reducing the risk of Type 2 diabetes and coronary artery disease.
A 1-cup serving of raw peanuts supplies 110 percent of the dietary reference intake for niacin, 88 percent for folate, 81 percent for vitamin E, 78 percent for thiamine, 30 percent for vitamin B-6, and 15 percent for riboflavin.
These vitamins help protect the levels of vitamins A and C in the body, regulate appetite, maintain healthy digestion and metabolism, and aid in the skin, vision, and neurological health. Folate lowers the risk of heart disease and helps prevent spinal and neurological birth defects.
A cup of raw peanuts offers 58 percent of the DRI for magnesium, 44 percent for phosphorous, 43 percent for zinc, 37 percent for iron, 22 percent for potassium, and 10 percent for calcium.
These minerals aid in bone and tooth health, muscle contraction, blood clotting, metabolism, and immune function. They also reduce the risk of certain cancers, Type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
Magnesium and Copper
Raw peanuts are also healthful additions to your diet thanks to their magnesium and copper content. Copper plays a role in immune system function and also nourishes and strengthens your bones, while magnesium promotes healthy muscle function and helps your cells produce energy.
Each ounce of raw peanuts provides 48 milligrams of magnesium 11 percent of the recommended daily intake for men and 15 percent for women and 324 micrograms of copper, or 36 percent of your recommended daily intake, according to the Institute of Medicine.
Opting for raw peanuts ensures that you’ll consume a significant amount of both minerals oil-roasted peanuts contain just 151 micrograms of copper.
Vitamin E and Folate
Raw peanuts serve as an excellent source of vitamin E and folate or vitamin B-9. Both of these vitamins play potential roles in disease prevention vitamin E fights free radicals, which would otherwise contribute to cancer, while folate lowers your homocysteine levels high homocysteine is associated with cardiovascular disease.
Vitamin E also boosts red blood cell development, and folate supports new cell growth. Each serving of raw peanuts provides you with 2.4 milligrams of vitamin E and 68 micrograms of folate.
This contributes 16 percent toward your daily vitamin E intake and 17 percent toward your daily recommended intake of folate, according to the Institute of Medicine. Oil-roasted peanuts, in contrast, contain just 34 micrograms of folate and 2 milligrams of vitamin E.
How much raw peanuts should I eat per day?
The recommended daily servings are a handful of peanuts (1-2 ounces depending on your size) or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter.
Which is better raw peanuts or roasted peanuts?
Raw nuts are very healthy, but they might contain harmful bacteria. However, even if they do, it is unlikely to cause an illness. Roasted nuts, on the other hand, may contain fewer antioxidants and vitamins. Some of their healthy fats may also become damaged and acrylamide might form, though not in harmful amounts.